Posts Tagged ‘User Experience Design’
I could tell you all the great things I have been through since I moved to Singapore and joined ASUS Design team. But I won’t.
If you know me personally, that means you probably already know how much I enjoy being here.
If you don’t know me, it would take me a while to tell you all the great stories about living in Singapore and working for ASUS. So, instead, I’ll tell you a few facts, and you can always look around for more on the Internet, or even send me an email with more questions if you feel like it.
1. ASUS is huge
we are among the top 5 computer brands worldwide
2. we’re only getting better
our growth rate was the largest among our competitors in the past 12 months
3. our design team is awesome
our design team wins the most prestigious design awards. over and over again
4. designing in Singapore is fun
working here means you’ll design great stuff that will be seen all over the world
5. this is the place to be
Singapore is exciting, young, safe, ultra modern – a great place to live – and a perfect gateway to Southeast Asia
The good news is… we will be opening a few positions for our Singapore Design team on three different areas:
If you can’t wait until we officially open those positions, contact me now. Someone once told me that it is never too early to fight for something you really want. If you think this is a once in a lifetime opportunity for you, please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org containing the following:
1. A cover letter describing what position you would like to apply for. Make sure you say why you are the right person for this job.
2. Your resumé, or CV
3. Your portfolio. This is important… because your portfolio is probably where we will start looking when we receive your email
When we review the applications, we’ll look for examples that illustrate how great your design is, as well as your ability to think about great solutions and make them come to life. If you are applying for a research position, it will be more on how well you can see things and communicate them.
If you have questions, send me an email.
User Experience Designer
We are looking for a talented individual, self-motivated, obsessed about designing beautiful interfaces. Someone who wants to find a place where they can share and contribute their ideas and thoughts.
Applicant’s portfolio should demonstrate strong graphic design skills, attention to detail and experience in designing innovative interactions. The designer will get the chance to work with cross-functional teams to develop and realize new user experience solutions for electronic devices hardware interface as well as software interface.
• Create software graphic interface, flash prototypes and scenario animations
• Perform research and explorations on new interaction methods
• Produce software wireframes, task flows, style guides, information architecture maps and other related design documents.
• Design and create user interface prototypes for testing and presentation
• Manage all aspects of a project from start to finish
• At least three years of design experience in areas of interaction/graphic design or equivalent
• Skillful in common design tools for design, image processing and prototyping (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Flash)
• Keen eye for details and consistent graphic user interface components and layouts (e.g. Icons, buttons, menus)
• Be able to express your ideas verbally and visually
• Able to produce results independently as well as collaboratively in a team